WIN4ME BUSINESS BROKERS JOHANNESBURG (PTY) LTD.
This Policy describes how Win4Me processes your personal data, but it may not address all possible data processing scenarios. Win4Me may inform you of product- or service-specific data collection through supplementary policies or notices provided before collection.
Win4Me‘s Policy outlines the following:
- How We Collect & Use Your Personal Data
- Cookies & Similar Technologies
- How We Disclose Personal Data
- How to Access & Control Your Personal Data
- How We Protect Your Personal Data
- How We Process Children’s Personal Data
- Third-Party Providers and Their Services
- International Transfers of Your Personal Data
- Updates to This Policy
- How to Contact Us
1. Win4Me will occasionally Collect & Use Your Personal Data:
Personal data means any data that, either on its own or jointly with other data, can be used to identify a natural person. You directly provide us with such data when you use our websites, products, or services, or interact with us by, for example, creating a Win4Me account or contacting us for support. We may also obtain data by recording how you interact with our websites, products, or services.
For example, we may use technologies like cookies or receive use data from software running on your device. As permitted by law, we may also obtain data from public and commercial third-party sources, for example, purchasing statistics from other companies to support our services. The personal data we collect includes name, gender, enterprise name, job position, postal and email addresses, phone number, login information (account and password), photos, and certificate information, etc., depending on how you interact with Win4Me, for example, the website you visit or the products and services that you use.
We also collect the information you provide to us and the content of messages you send us, such as the query information you provide, or the questions or information you provide for customer service support.
Before using Win4Me’s products or services, you may need to provide personal data. In some cases, you may be able to opt not to disclose your personal data to Win4Me. However, not providing Win4Me with certain data may mean that we cannot provide you with certain products or services or respond to an issue that you have raised.
Win4Me could use your personal data for the following purposes:
What are we actually saying?
We could be collecting or using your data, through our marketing efforts, for any reason… and we don’t want to offend anyone in the process of doing so. But let’s go ahead and get the legal mumbo-jumbo out of the way:
- Creating an account.
- Fulfilling your transaction or service requests, including fulfilling orders; delivering, activating, or verifying products or services; providing training and certification; managing and processing training and certification exams; participating in onsite or virtual activities; fulfilling your requests for changes or providing you with the requested information (such as marketing materials for products and services, and white papers); and providing technical support.
- Contacting you with your consent; sending you information about products and services that may interest you; inviting you to participate in Win4Me activities (including promotional activities), market surveys, or satisfaction surveys; or sending you marketing information. If you do not want to receive these types of information, you can opt out at any time.
- Sending you important notices, such as the installation of and updates to the operating system or application.
- Providing you with customized user experience and content.
- Qualifying and managing suppliers and business partners, and communicating or working with suppliers and business partners.
- Improving our products and services through internal audits, data analysis, and research.
- Analyzing the efficiency of our business operations and evaluating market share.
- Troubleshooting when you send us error reports.
- Synchronizing, sharing, and storing the data you upload or download and the data needed for the uploading and downloading.
- Ensuring the security of our products, services and customers or users, executing and improving our loss prevention and anti-fraud programs.
- Complying with and enforcing applicable legal requirements, industry standards and our policies.
Also, our Winning Win4Me Team would like you to keep in mind the following:-
- Win4Me may also collect and use non-personally identifiable information (Non-PII). Non-PII is information that cannot be used to identify a particular individual. For example, Win4Me will collect statistical data, such as the numbers of visits to its website. We collect this data to understand how users use our websites, products, and services so that we can improve our services and better satisfy your needs. Win4Me may collect, use, process, transfer, or disclose non-PII for other purposes at its own discretion.
- We will endeavour to isolate your personal data from non-PII and ensure that the two types of data are used separately. If personal data is combined with non-PII, it will still be treated as personal data during processing.
Win4Me will process your personal data following the requirements of applicable laws on an appropriate legal basis, including:
- Processing your personal data to fulfil the contract when responding to a transaction or service request;
- Processing your personal data with your consent;
- Processing based on the legitimate interests of Win4Me or a third party when we use your personal data to contact you, conduct marketing or market surveys, improve our products and services, execute and improve our loss prevention and anti-fraud programs, and other purposes. Legitimate interests include enabling us to more effectively manage and operate our business and provide our products and services; protecting the security of our businesses, systems, products, services, and customers; internal management; complying with internal policies and processes, and other legitimate interests described in this policy;
- Processing your personal data as necessary to comply with and fulfil legal obligations.
2.1 Win4Me‘s Cookies:
To ensure our website works correctly, we may at times place a small piece of data known as a cookie on your computer or mobile device. A cookie is a text file stored by a web server on a computer or mobile device. The content of a cookie can be retrieved or read only by the server that creates the cookie. The text in a cookie often consists of identifiers, site names, and some numbers and characters. Cookies are unique to the browsers or mobile applications you use and enable websites to store data such as your preferences or items in your shopping cart.
Find out how to manage your winning cookie settings for your browser here:
2.2 Win4Me‘s Web Beacons and Pixel Tags:
In addition to cookies, we may also use other similar technologies on our websites such as web beacons and pixel tags. For example, when you receive an email from Win4Me, it may contain a click-through URL that links to a Win4Me web page.
If you click (the link) Win4Me will track your visit to help us learn about your preferences for products and services and improve our customer service. A web beacon is a transparent graphic image embedded in a website or in an email. We use pixel tags in emails to find out whether an email has been opened. You can unsubscribe from the Win4Me mailing list at any time if you do not want to be tracked in this manner.
3. Win4Me May Disclose Personal Data:
Win4Me shares your personal data with other partners, as described in this Policy when services are provided by partners authorized by Win4Me. For example, when you make an online purchase from Win4Me, we must share your personal data with the logistics provider to arrange shipment or a partner to provide services. In addition, as a global company, we may share personal data with Win4Me affiliates and subsidiaries.
To comply with applicable laws or respond to valid legal procedures, Win4Me may also disclose your personal data to law enforcement or other government agencies. If Win4Me is involved in a restructuring, merger & acquisition, or a bankruptcy or liquidation lawsuit in a given jurisdiction, your personal data may be disclosed in connection with the transaction.
Win4Me may also disclose your data when appropriate, for example, to execute Terms and Conditions, when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or when it is in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity.
4. Be a Winner with Win4Me: Here’s How to Access & Control Your Personal Data:
It is your responsibility to ensure that all personal data submitted to Win4Me is correct. Win4Me is dedicated to maintaining the accuracy and completeness of personal data and keeping the data up-to-date.
To the extent required by applicable law, you may:
- (i) have the right to access certain personal data we maintain about you;
- (ii) request that we update or correct inaccuracies in that data;
- (iii) object or restrict to our use of your personal data, and (iv) ask us to delete your personal data from our database. To exercise these rights, please click on this link here to give your feedback online.
Your written request may be required for security. We may decline the request if we have reasonable grounds to believe that the request is a fraudulent, unfeasible or may jeopardize the privacy of others.
If allowed by applicable laws, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time when Win4Me processes your personal data based on your consent. However, withdrawal does not affect the legitimacy and effectiveness of how we process your personal data based on your consent before the withdrawal is made; nor does it affect any data processing based on another justification other than your consent.
If you think that the way we process your personal information does not comply with applicable data protection laws, you can contact the relevant competent data protection authority. You can obtain the information for contacting EU data protection authorities at http://ec.europa.eu/justice/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm.
5. Win4Me will Protect and Retain Your Personal Data:
The security of your personal data is important to us. We use appropriate physical, management, and technical measures to protect your personal data from unauthorized access, disclosure, use, modification, damage, or loss. For example, we use cryptographic technologies for data confidentiality, protection mechanisms to prevent attacks, and access control mechanisms to permit only authorized access to your personal data. We also provide training on security and privacy protection for employees to raise their awareness of personal data protection.
Win4Me is committed to protecting your personal data; however, please note that no security measure is perfect.
We will retain your personal information for no longer than is necessary for the purposes stated in this Policy unless otherwise extending the retention period is required or permitted by law. The data storage period may vary with scenario, product, and service. The standards Win4Me uses to determine the retention period are as follows:
(a) the time required to retain personal data to fulfil business purposes, including providing products and services;
(b) maintaining corresponding transaction and business records;
(c) controlling and improving the performance and quality of products and services;
(d) ensuring the security of systems, products, and services;
(e) handling possible user queries or complaints and locating problems;
(f) whether the user agrees to a longer retention period;
(g) and whether the laws, contracts and other equivalencies have special requirements for data retention; etc.
We will maintain your registration information as long as your account is necessary for service provision. You can choose to deregister your account. After you deregister your account, we will stop providing you with products and services through your account and delete your relevant personal data, provided that deletion is not otherwise stipulated by special legal requirements.
6. Here’s How Win4Me will Process any Children’s Personal Data:
Our websites, products and services are primarily intended for adults. A child must not create a Win4Me account without the consent of a parent or guardian. If a child’s personal data is collected with prior parental consent, we will only use or disclose the data as permitted by law, with the explicit consent of the child’s parents or guardians, or when necessary for the protection of the child. If we accidentally collect a child’s personal data without verified prior consent from the child’s parents, we will attempt to delete the data as soon as possible.
7. Our Winning Third-Party Providers and Their Services:
To ensure positive user experience, you may receive content or web links from third parties other than Win4Me and its partners (“third parties“). Win4Me does not have the right to control such third parties, but you can choose whether to use the links, view the content and/or access the products or services provided by third parties.
Win4Me cannot control the privacy practices and data protection policies of third parties that are not subject to this Policy. When you submit personal information to such a third party, please read and refer to the privacy protection policy of the third party.
8. Understanding with Win4Me: International Transfers of Your Personal Data
As a global company, your personal data collected by Win4Me may be processed or accessed in the country/region where you use our products and services or in other countries/regions where Win4Me or its affiliates, subsidiaries, service providers or business partners have a presence. These jurisdictions may have different data protection laws. In such circumstances, Win4Me will take measures to ensure that data is processed as required by this Policy and applicable laws, which includes when transferring the data subject’s personal data from the EU to a country or region which have been acknowledged by the EU commission as having an adequate level of data protection, we may use a variety of legal mechanisms, such as signing standard contractual clauses approved by the EU Commission, obtaining the consent to the cross-border transfer of a data subject in the EU, or implementing security measures like anonymizing personal data before cross-border data transfer.
You can click here to obtain a copy of the EU’s standard contractual clauses.
9. Win4Me‘s Updates to This Policy:
10. How to Contact the Winning Win4Me Team: